It could be a case of one in, one out at Tottenham as Kyle Walker appears to be edging ever closer to the White Hart Lane/Wembley exit.
Media outlets are heavily reporting the fact that the England right-back is expected to undergo a medical with Manchester City on Friday ahead of a move said to be worth £50million.
Kieran Tripper is now expected to fill the void left by Walker, but the Standard are reporting that Tottenham will move quick to bring in another full-back to bolster the squad. FC Porto’s Ricardo Pereira is said to be the man who has been earmarked for a Spurs arrival.
The report claims that the Portuguese side are confident that Tottenham will stump up £22million for the 22-year-old, who has spent the last two seasons on loan at French outfit, Nice.
Pereira is said to have been recommended by head scout, Steve Hitchen who rejoined the club earlier this summer and previously recruited the likes of Luka Modric.
The Spurs target can apparently play on either flank, but is stronger on the right. Personally, I’ve never seen him play so can’t really add anything on whether he’d be good competition for Trippier.
Have something to tell us about this article?