Report: Striker said to be frustrated after manager blocked Spurs move

0
Jose Mourinho
Tottenham Hotspur FC/Tottenham Hotspur FC via Getty Images

Tottenham Hotspur had a formal offer rejected for Olympique Lyonnais striker Moussa Dembele last week by the French club, according to Get French Football News.

The report claims that Spurs made contact with the Ligue 1 outfit at the start of last week and tabled an initial loan offer which included an obligation to make the deal permanent.

Dembele was said to have been keen to make the switch to North London but was not afforded the opportunity by Lyon boss Rudi Garcia who put a block on the switch and subsequently left him out of the starting eleven in Saturday’s 1-1 home draw with Marseille.

The former Celtic striker, who is represented by super-agent Pini Zahavi is reported to have expressed his frustration behind the scenes that a move could not be finalised.

Tottenham instead made a move for Brazilian striker Carlos Vinicius on a season-long loan from Benfica, with an option to buy him for around £36million (ESPN).

Have something to tell us about this article?

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.