Spurs midfielder to snub contract talks

0
LONDON, ENGLAND - APRIL 14: Mousa Dembele of Tottenham Hotspur is challenged by Gabriel Jesus of Manchester City during the Premier League match between Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City at Wembley Stadium on April 14, 2018 in London, England. (Photo by Tottenham Hotspur FC/Tottenham Hotspur FC via Getty Images)

Mousa Dembele is set to snub talks over a new contract at Tottenham Hotspur in a bid to leave the club, according to reports in Italy.

Calciomercato claim that the Belgian midfielder is not interested in extending his deal at Spurs following interest from Italian giants AC Milan.

Dembele’s current contract is due to expire next June and has previously said that he does not want to enter into any talks with the club until Belgium’s involvement in this summer’s World Cup in Russia is over.

“At the beginning of the season, I said ‘I had physical problems, I want to see at the end of the season how I feel’. That’s what the club and I decided by mutual agreement,” said Dembele in March.

The 30-year-old had foot surgery a year ago and admitted at the start of this season that he will always have to manage an element of discomfort.

Do you think Dembele has a future at Spurs? Have your say below

Have something to tell us about this article?

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.