This season Premier League clubs must register a squad of up to 25 players which must include at least eight ‘home-grown’ players, at the end of each transfer window.
We want to know who would be the 25 Tottenham players that would make it into your squad, if you were Harry Redknapp.Â We’ve included some of the rules, below.
– Home-grown players do not have to be English; home-grown players are defined as those who “irrespective of nationality or age, have been affiliated to the FA or Welsh FA for a period of three seasons or 36 months prior to 21st birthday”
– Clubs can supplement squad with unlimited number of players under the age of 21.
– Changes can be made only during transfer windows, although in exceptional circumstances (eg goalkeeping injury crisis) moves could be allowed.
– Players loaned to Football League clubs cannot be replaced, but can regain their spot on return to parent club.
– Rules apply only to Premier League matches, not European, FA Cup or League Cup action.
– First deadline is 1700 BST on 1 September (24 hours after end of August transfer window).
Who would be in your Spurs squad of 25?Â Have your say by leaving your comments below.
Have something to tell us about this article?