According to The Mirror Spurs will start listening to offers for Toby Alderweireld and Danny Rose ahead of a summer revamp.
Mauricio Pochettino is also ready to wave to also sanction the departures of Mousa Dembele, Fernando Llorente and Moussa Sissoko.
The article says the decision to offload the quintet was taken before Pochettino’s controversial comments after Sunday’s epic 5-4 season-ending win over Leicester.
Pochettino is understood to want assurances that chairman Daniel Levy will back him with an enhanced transfer kitty and relax our stringent wage structure in order to attract more quality players and Spurs in turn, want Pochettino to sign a new deal but are bracing themselves for a spell of brinkmanship as the 46-year-old waits for future spending plans.
Alderweireld’s situation is well publicised, with the 29-year-old seeking a substantial pay rise that would reflect his status as arguably the best central defender in the Premier League, however Spurs have so far been unwilling to meet that demand from the Belgium international, who has a year left on his contract with the option for a further 12 months.
As for Danny Rose’s future, it has been in doubt ever since his explosive interview last summer in which he criticised Tottenham’s transfer policy and wage structure with Manchester United also among a number of clubs to have been monitoring his situation.
Dembele moves into the final year of his contract in the summer and the article says the Belgian is ready to listen to offers from Italy and China.
Have something to tell us about this article?