Joe Jordan has expressed his surprise and disappointment at the sacking of Harry Redknapp and his own departure from Tottenham Hotspur.
Spurs announced the exit of Jordan and fellow backroom member Kevin Bond this week. Jordan was already looking ahead to the season at Spirs and revealed that Redknapp had already singled out a couple of new signings.
“You look to improve and we would have,” 60-year-old Jordan told The Daily Star on Sunday.
“I think Harry had his eyes on one or two players who he thought could improve the team.”
“Not for the life of me did I think I would go off on my holiday and return to find my contract had been terminated,” he said.
“I didn’t see it coming. When I left White Hart Lane on the final day of the season I was looking forward not only to the next season – but also the Champions League.
“We improved in each of the seasons we were at Tottenham. Harry would have got the players he wanted and we would have progressed further.”
Have something to tell us about this article?