Video: talkSPORT host suggests Spurs and Liverpool should face transfer ban

0
Image: SpursWeb

Tottenham Hotspur chairman Daniel Levy created controversy last week when it was announced that the club had taken the decision to announce wage reductions for non-playing staff.

It was confirmed that the club are giving 550 employees a 20 per cent wage cut for April and May, and will also use the government’s furlough scheme where possible to help pay salaries while the top flight is on hold.

Premier League leaders Liverpool followed suit to place some non-playing staff on temporary leave.  Staff affected will receive 80 per cent of their wages from the government while the club will make up the remaining 20 per cent (BBC).

talkSPORT host Georgie Bingham has blasted clubs who have gone to the government to ask for help and somewhat controversially claimed that those who do should be banned from being able to buy and sell in the upcoming transfer window.

The 44-year-old believes that no club would look to use taxpayers money if they were banned from the transfer market.

She told talkSPORT: “If a club goes to the government for a handout that the taxpayers will have to pay, they shouldn’t be able to do transfers.

“No transfer window for you! Not a single club would do it if they couldn’t do business.”

Have something to tell us about this article?

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.