World famous data analyst predicts Spurs’ chances against Liverpool in final

0
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
Dom Le Roy

Tottenham and Liverpool will battle it out for the honour of being crowned European champions on the 1st of June at the Wanda Metropolitano Stadium in Madrid.

Both sides will go into the game really confident after putting together terrific comebacks in the second legs of their respective semifinals.

Liverpool will come into the game as favourites having secured 26 points more than Spurs in the Premier League and having done the double over the Lilywhites.

However, the last meeting between the sides which took place a couple of months ago at Anfield, was a tight game with Pochettino’s men being really unlucky to end up on the losing side.

World-renowned data analyst Nate Silver has now crunched the numbers ahead of the all-important final and suggests the Reds go in as massive favourites.

Silver rose to fame after correctly calling the outcomes of the 2008 and 2012 US elections but his background is actually in sports data modelling.

His website, Five Thirty Eight have come up with a model to find out which team will win in Madrid. They gave Liverpool a 71 per cent chance of beating Tottenham in the final, therefore leaving Spurs with just a 29% chance of victory.

Spurs Web Opinion

Liverpool might go into the game as the favourite but given the run Spurs have had in the Champions League this season, their name might just be on the trophy.

We at Spurs Web believe Pochettino’s men are going to surprise quite a few people in the final, particularly with Harry Kane and Harry Winks likely to be back.

Have something to tell us about this article?

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.