‘Absolutely nothing’ – Agent denies Spurs have bid for midfielder

0
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
Image: @snapshotspurs

Rumours of a Tottenham Hotspur bid for Sao Paulo midfielder Igor Gomes have been dismissed by sources in Brazil.

Journalist Ekrem Konor took to Twitter on Saturday to claim that Spurs had tabled a €12million (£10.2million) offer for the 22-year-old.

Brazilian reporter Alexsander Vieira revealed bespoke to a source at the Brasileirão outfit, who told him there has not been an offer from the North Londoners.

“No offer. Agents have been trying to negotiate him with Europe. It can happen”, he was told by his source.

Jorge Nicola spoke directly with  Gomes’ agent, Wagner Ribeiro who stated that there’s ‘absolutely nothing’ with Spurs to date.

Gomes has been with Sao Paulo since being part of the club’s academy set up and earned a promotion to the first team in January 2019.

Spurs have so far brought in three new faces during the summer transfer window, following the arrival of Pierluigi Gollini, Cristian Romero and Bryan Gil.

SpursWeb Opinion
 
Gomes is forging a solid reputation in Brazil, but we have bigger priorities during the current window with the need for another central defender, creative midfielder and a further striker, regardless whether Harry Kane remains or not.

Have something to tell us about this article?

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.