Alasdair Gold has revealed that it is his understanding that Harry Kane has now accepted that he is likely to remain a Tottenham Hotspur player this season.
Gold wrote in his latest column for Football.London that the 28-year-old has come to the conclusion that he will still be in North London come September 1st, after the transfer window has closed.
Kane is now said to be looking towards the season ahead with Tottenham after making his first appearance of the campaign on Sunday when he came off the bench in the second half during the 1-0 win against Wolverhampton Wanderers.
The England captain received a warm welcome from the away section at Molineux who also applauded him at the full time whistle when he came over to the travelling fans to show his appreciation.
The summer transfer window has been dominated by reports of a potential move to Manchester City, with the player having been keen on making the switch to Pep Guardiola’s side.
City are previously said to have tabled a bid of £75m plus £25m in add-ons, which has not tested the resolve of chairman Daniel Levy.
Keeping Kane at the club for another season would represent a huge boost to our hopes of getting back into the top four and qualifying once again for the Champions League.
Have something to tell us about this article?