Barcelona’s director of football Mateu Alemany has revealed that rumoured Tottenham target Ousmane Dembele will be sold this month after the club failed to agree on a new contract with the winger.
Spanish publication Sport (as relayed by Sport Witness) even claimed last week that the North Londoners had spoken to the winger’s representatives and they may be prepared to make an offer for the player.
It was alleged on Tuesday that Dembele had told Barcelona boss Xavi he is happy at Catalonia and wishes to renew his contract with the club (Sport).
However, Alemany has now stated that the former Borussia Dortmund man has no intention of renewing his deal and admitted the club are looking to sell him before the transfer window shuts.
The Barca director said (as relayed by Fabrizio Romano): “It’s clear that Dembele does not want to continue with Barcelona.
“He doesn’t want to be part of our project. We told Dembele he has to leave immediately. We expect Ousmane to be sold before Jan 31.”
Spurs Web Opinion
One would expect plenty of clubs to show interest in Dembele given that he is likely to be available on a cut-price fee due to his contract situation. However, I do not see the Frenchman’s personality as being a good fit to work under Antonio Conte, given how demanding the Italian is of his players, particularly out of possession.
Have something to tell us about this article?