Angers president Said Chabane has said that selling Tottenham target Azzedine Ounahi is not on his agenda for the time being but added that the club will reinforce their squad should the midfielder leave this month.

There has unsurprisingly been plenty of speculation regarding Ounahi’s future on the back of the 22-year-old impressive showing for Morocco at the World Cup.

World Cup

(Photo by KARIM JAAFAR / AFP) (Photo by KARIM JAAFAR/AFP via Getty Images)

La Repubblica reported last week that Tottenham had made contact with Angers over a deal for the midfielder while Napoli (TyC Sports) and Leeds United (Foot Mercato) have also been backed to make offers for Ounahi over the last few days.

CBS Sports reporter Ben Jacobs told the Last Word on Spurs’ YouTube channel on Tuesday that Spurs are ‘creeping into the conversations’ for Ounahi but explained that the North London club ‘would have to move quickly’ to snap up the player as competition for his services was growing by the day.

When asked about the speculation over Moroccan’s future, Chabane has now told CalcioNapoli24: “The issue is not on the agenda. We will take decisions at the right time based on the negotiations.”

When pressed on what opportunities Ounahi’s sale could bring, the Angers president responded: “Probably if the sale takes place, we will strengthen the team in some other departments where we detect come weaknesses.”

Spurs Web Opinion 

Despite multiple publications reporting on Tottenham’s interest in Ounahi over the last week, none of them have suggested that Spurs are at the front of the queue for the 22-year-old, which is not surprising considering that a central midfielder is not likely to be a priority for Conte this window.

Have something to tell us about this article?