Tottenham Hotspur have confirmed that managing director of football Fabio Paratici has resigned from his position at the club with immediate effect.
He was handed a 30-month suspension from the game in January after his former club Juventus, where he worked for 11 years, were found guilty by an Italian court of false alleged accounting.
Paratici saw had an appeal against his two-and-a-half-year ban rejected by Italy’s highest sports court rejected yesterday afternoon and stepped back from his role at Spurs on March 31 pending the outcome of his appeal following his ban being made worldwide by FIFA last month.
Daniel Levy said: “This has been a stressful time for Fabio and his family. We wanted to ensure that we allowed for due process to be followed. Fabio is a man who lives and breathes football – we wish him well.
“As outlined in our year end results, we started several months ago to restructure our football operations and last week announced the appointment of Scott Munn as Chief Football Officer to head up all the departments. We shall continue to strengthen our football functions over the coming months.”
Wth the club searching for a head coach and a summer of recruitment ahead in the transfer market, Paratici’s exit leaves Tottenham effectively without a head of football and Levy heading the search for a new manager.
Paratici’s exit from Tottenham is said to have been made to allow the 50-year-old to focus on his legal position in respect of the FIGC and FIFA rulings.
Have something to tell us about this article?