Fabrizio Romano has said that Manchester United have not yet made contact with Harry Kane’s representatives and added that Tottenham will push to keep the striker at the club.

The Daily Mail reported last week that Kane has emerged as Erik Ten Hag’s top target at Man Utd for next summer’s transfer window.

Fabrizio Romano

Sam Barnes/Sportsfile for Web Summit via Getty Images

However, The Athletic’s David Ornstein provided some good news to Spurs fans on Monday by revealing that the 29-year-old is open to signing a new contract at Tottenham if the conditions are right.

He stated that the North London club are expected to open talks with Kane’s entourage when the January transfer window closes.

Romano has now said on his YouTube channel that while Man Utd are following many strikers at the moment, they have not yet decided who their top target will be for next summer.

The journalist revealed that the Red Devils have not made contact with Kane’s entourage and further added that Tottenham will have a ‘big role’ in the England captain’s future as Daniel Levy will ‘push’ to extend his contract.

Romano also suggested that Antonio Conte’s future might be ‘crucial’ in the striker’s eventual decision over a new contract.

Spurs Web Opinion

I do not think Kane will be in a hurry to make a decision on his future. He will want to wait and see how Spurs get on for the rest of the season and whether Conte continues at the club beyond the end of the campaign.

The striker will also pay attention to how Man Utd do over the coming months as Erik Ten Hag’s men will not necessarily guarantee him a Premier League winners medal, as a switch to Manchester City would.

Have something to tell us about this article?

Keep up to date with all the latest Tottenham news and opinion by following SpursWeb’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.