Evelina Christilli, who is a member of the FIFA council, has revealed that she spoke with Juventus chairman Andrea Agnelli regarding Antonio Conte potentially returning to the Old Lady. 

Conte’s current contract at Tottenham runs out at the end of the season but the North London club have the option to extend the Italian’s deal (Daily Mail).

Antonio Conte

(Photo by Ahmad Mora/DeFodi Images via Getty Images)

There have been mixed reports in the English press over recent days regarding the Italian’s future in North London.

David Ornstein told NBC Sports on Sunday that Conte’s future is a ‘delicate situation’ and that the Tottenham head coach is ‘very unlikely’ to sign a new deal anytime soon.

However, The Athletic revealed on Monday that Daniel Levy has already begun talks with the Italian’s representatives over a new contract and that the Lilywhite hierarchy are ‘confident’ the 53-year-old will put pen on paper on a new deal.

Meanwhile, reports from Italy continue to link Conte with a return to Juventus, with Gazzetta dello Sport (28/10/22 as relayed by Sport Witness) claiming last week that the Tottenham head coach would not turn down the Bianconeri job if it was offered to him next summer.

Christilli, who is described as being ‘close to the Agnelli family’ has now disclosed that she talked to the Juve chairman about Conte potentially returning. 

The FIFA Council member told Radio CRC (as relayed by Area Napoli) “With Agnelli, last night, we talked about a return of Conte who has not yet signed with Tottenham.”

Spurs Web Opinion

Based on the various reports emanating from Italy over recent weeks, it does seem like the Juve hierarchy believes that they have a genuine chance of bringing Conte back to the club next summer. 

However, Levy will be keen to tie the 53-year-old down to a new deal as soon as possible and I believe, the Spurs chairman will do what it takes to get the Italian to commit his future to the club.

Have something to tell us about this article?