Harry Kane breaks silence over his Tottenham future

0
Harry Kane
Sebastian Frej/MB Media/Getty Images

Harry Kane has this afternoon broken his silence on his footballing future by confirming that he will be staying at Tottenham Hotspur this summer.

The 28-year-old confirmed with a post on his official Twitter account that he will remain in North London and is focused on helping the team to achieve success.

Spurs have not won a competitive piece of silverware for the past thirteen years and will be looking to end their barren spell along with a return to the top four and Champions League football.

Kane had been heavily linked with a move to Manchester City in a transfer saga which dominated the summer window (Daily Mail).

The Sun even went as far as dedicating the front page of their print edition on July 23rd to claim that Spurs chairman Daniel Levy had told Kane that he was willing for him to move to the Etihad in a British record £160million deal.

Kane said in his Twitter post: “It was incredible to see the reception from the Spurs fans on Sunday and to read some of the messages of support I’ve had in the last few weeks. 

“I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100% focused on helping the team achieve success.”

Have something to tell us about this article?

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.