Tottenham’s efforts to land Milan Skriniar appear to have received a blow after Inter Milan sporting director Piero Ausilio admitted that the club does not wish to sell the central defender.
Reports indicated last week that Tottenham were close to agreeing on a deal for the 25-year-old, who was said to be the club’s main centre-back transfer target (Football Insider).
However, it has since then emerged that the two clubs are still some way apart in their respective valuation of the Slovakian international and that he is likely to stay put at the San Siro (Gazzetta dello Sport via Sempre Inter).
Italian transfer expert Fabrizio Romano also revealed on social media yesterday that Tottenham’s deal for the defender had hit a roadblock.
Carlos Vinicius is joining Tottenham on loan [€3m] with buy option and he’ll also sign a contract until 2025, if Spurs will buy him on a permanent deal on next summer.
Skriniar deal is now stalling.
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) October 1, 2020
Ausilio has now admitted that while the Nerrazuri did hold talks with Spurs regarding Skriniar, the North Londoners have not made a suitable offer for the defender.
As quoted by The Daily Mail, the Inter chief told Sky Italia.: “Skriniar? I repeat: there was contact with Tottenham, but we reiterated that he is not on the market and we have not received any special offers.”
Spurs Web Opinion
The fact that he said Inter did not receive ‘any special offers’ suggests that they are open to selling Skriniar at the right price but that Spurs are not ready to meet their valuation. This deal looks like it might well drag on until deadline day.
Have something to tell us about this article?