Tottenham Hotspur head coach, Jose Mourinho was asked whether he is expecting the club to sign any extra new players ahead of the Premier League match against Newcastle this weekend.
The summer transfer window remains open until October 5 and Spurs have yet to sign a back-up striker in North London.
Mourinho has been very vocal all summer that he needs a second option up front in order to compete across a whole season.
Such a need was highlighted last campaign when Harry Kane picked up a nasty hamstring injury at the turn of the new year, resulting in surgery and almost six months out.
Tottenham are also competing on four fronts this season in the Premier League, Europa League, Carabao Cup, and FA Cup.
Having said that, Spurs have introduced plenty of new faces to the first-team squad so far this summer, including Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, Matt Doherty, Joe Hart, Gareth Bale, and Sergio Reguilon.
Asked whether he expected any more in the next 10 days, Mourinho said (Football London): “The market is open, we have a good squad. Can we have a better squad than we have now? Yes we can. Is the club trying to build that balanced squad that we all want, yes we are trying. Let’s see if that’s possible.”
Have something to tell us about this article?