The Daily Express journalist Ryan Taylor has said that he does not expect Roberto De Zerbi to be tempted by the prospect of joining Tottenham Hotspur this summer.
After it emerged last week that Julian Nageslmann was no longer in contention for the Spurs job, The Daily Mail reported at the time that De Zerbi, Luis Enrique and Arne Slot have emerged as some of the North London club’s top candidates.
It looks like Tottenham have since taken some steps towards pursuing Slot, with The Telegraph revealing on Wednesday that the North London club have increased their interest in the Dutchman.
The report claimed that the Lilywhites are now keen to speak to the 44-year-old, who has guided Feyenoord to a historic title win this season.
The outlet stated that while Spurs continue to insist there is no one top target yet, they are now giving ‘serious consideration’ to Slot.
However, there have not really been any indications to suggest that Tottenham have advanced their interest in De Zerbi, and Taylor believes that the Italian is likely to remain at the Amex Stadium next season.
The journalist told GiveMeSport about Spurs’ managerial search: “If you’re looking at the fact that [Mauricio] Pochettino is obviously going to Chelsea, Nagelsmann is arguably the best option on the table.
“I know there are some other very decent managers. I mean, De Zerbi’s one, but I don’t see him joining Tottenham. I see him staying at Brighton.”
Spurs Web Opinion
Brighton are likely to finish above us and also look favourites to qualify for the Europa League. So, it would be quite hard to tempt De Zerbi into jumping ship this summer.
I suspect that Tottenham put out feelers to the Italian but found that he was not too keen on the job, which is why they are now seemingly looking elsewhere.
Have something to tell us about this article?