Journalist Dean Jones has claimed that the Tottenham hierarchy have compiled a list of defenders they will pursue if Japhet Tanganga leaves the club before the transfer window closes.
Several exits are expected from Spurs over the next few days, with Sergio Reguilon and Harry Winks expected to have medicals on Tuesday before completing loan moves to Atletico Madrid and Sampdoria respectively (Fabrizio Romano).
Bryan Gil is also expected to rejoin Valencia on loan, with Gennaro Gattuso disclosing over the weekend that Spurs have informed the La Liga club that they will give the green light for the winger to leave once they secure a replacement (90 min).
Tanganga is another player who has been linked with an exit from Tottenham, with reports from Italy indicating last week that AC Milan were the favourites to land the 23-year-old (Calciomercato.it).
Jones has now said that Antonio Conte’s men have a list of replacements in mind to replace the Spurs academy graduate if he leaves.
He told GiveMeSport: “They’ve got a list of names they’re willing to go for, but I don’t think they will go for it if Tanganga doesn’t leave, that’s my understanding anyway.”
Spurs Web Opinion
I would not be surprised if Tottenham decide to hang on to Tanganga and reassess the centre-back situation in January. The club ideally need a homegrown option to replace the 23-year-old and there might not be enough time left in the transfer window to secure a suitable replacement.
Have something to tell us about this article?