Journalist claims Spurs have only 20% chance of landing Conte target 

0
Antonio Conte
Julian Finney/Getty Images

Italian journalist Paolo Bargiggia has revealed that Paris Saint-Germain are heavy favourites to land AC Milan midfielder Franck Kessie ahead of Tottenham.

Kessie’s current deal runs out at the end of the season and the Rossoneri have so far been unable to convince the player to sign an extension.

According to reports, Antonio Conte has urged the North London club to snap up the Milan star in January.

90min claimed this week that, despite facing plenty of competition for the 24-year-old, Spurs believe that Conte’s arrival could help them clinch the deal for the midfielder. 

Italian journalist Rudy Galetti told Calciomercato’s Twitch channel last week that Tottenham are likely to be the Milan star’s next destination.

However, Bargiggia has now claimed that PSG have an 80 per cent chance of landing Kessie while Spurs only have a 20 per cent chance. The journalist made it clear that the midfielder’s time at the San Siro is about to end.

Bargiggiatold said on the show 1Football Club on 1Station Radio (as relayed by Tutto Juve): “Kessie? His fate is far from Milan 99%, only a miracle could bind the two sides for a long time to come. 

“The most likely destinations are Paris Saint Germain, 70%, but there are also Tottenham, 20%, and Real Madrid, 10%. 

“The Rossoneri are offering 6 million euros, while the Parisians are offering 10 million euros.”

Spurs Web Opinion

Of all the midfielders we have been linked with over recent weeks, Kessie is clearly the standout option. I am desperately hoping that Conte would be able to convince the 24-year-old to snub a move to PSG in favour of joining Spurs. 

Have something to tell us about this article?

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.