Rudy Galetti has now revealed that Real Betis are now working to re-sign Giovani Lo Celso from Tottenham, with some developments expected over the coming days.
Even though Ange Postecoglou himself admitted earlier this summer that he likes Lo Celso and remarked that “the way we play suits him” (Football. London), the midfielder’s future continues to be the source of much speculation.
At the start of this week, Estadio Deportivo claimed that the Argentine was unhappy at not getting any minutes against Brentford and Manchester United, although Spurs Web sources rejected this idea.
Betis have now begun dialogue over Lo Celso
Galetti has now taken to social media to reveal that Real Betis have now started working on a late deal for Lo Celso, with the La Liga side said to view the 27-year-old as a ‘priority’.
The journalist states that the Spanish side are working to re-sign the player on a loan deal, with Tottenham said to be insisting on including an obligation to buy.
Galetti asserted that we could see some concrete developments on the Lo Celso front in the ‘next few days’.
‼️ The 🇪🇸 club is working for the return – on loan – of the 🇦🇷 player: talks ongoing with #Tottenham that want to include in the deal the buy obligation clause.
— Rudy Galetti (@RudyGaletti) August 24, 2023
Spurs Web Opinion
I can see Tottenham sanctioning a move for Lo Celso if the club successfully get a deal for Brennan Johnson over the line as the Forest starlet can cover for Maddison in the number eight role.
However, I believe that Spurs would not just accept another straight loan deal for the Argentine, who now has just two years left on his contract in North London.
Have something to tell us about this article?