The Daily Express journalist Ryan Taylor believes that despite Roberto de Zerbi’s falling out with Leandro Trossard, Brighton are not willing to sell the winger this month.

De Zerbi revealed last week that he has frozen Trossard out after the Belgian walked out of a training session without an explanation (Daily Mail) while the player’s entourage have subsequently hit back at the Italian and demanded that Brighton allow their client to leave the club (Telegraph).

Leandro Trossard

(Photo by MB Media/Getty Images)

Multiple publications (90 min and Football Insider) have claimed over the last week that Spurs have explored a deal for the 28-year-old.

The Athletic revealed on Monday that Tottenham had made a verbal offer of £12m for the former Genk man, which was turned down by the Seagulls as the bid did not come close to their valuation.

Taylor has now revealed that the Seagulls have also turned down an offer from a foreign club for the winger, which he insisted was evidence that they do not want to sell him.

The journalist told GiveMeSport: “As reported on The Athletic, there has been a verbal proposal from Tottenham, but it remains to be seen whether they’ll try again.

“Also, there’s been a bid from a foreign club as well for Trossard which was rejected, which to me, says quite clearly that Brighton aren’t willing to sell him this month even though his contract situation is still sort of dwindling.”

Spurs Web Opinion

I think Brighton would certainly sell Trossard for the right price, given what has gone on over the past couple of weeks. The Seagulls might have rejected the offers since they believe they could get a substantially higher fee for the 28-year-old before the transfer window closes. 

Have something to tell us about this article?