Sky Sports journalist Michael Bridge has revealed that Tottenham have a clear idea of who they are going to pursue in January.
Tottenham have improved tremendously under Conte, with several players who were previously struggling under Nuno Espirito Santo coming to the fore under the Italian.
With the transfer window now set to open in less than a week, the 52-year-old will finally have an opportunity to address what he perceives to be weaknesses in the squad.
Football.London’s Alasdair Gold has said that Conte is yet to have a meeting with Fabio Paratici to finalise Tottenham’s transfer targets.
However, the journalist stated the feeling at the club is that the Lilywhites will pursue a right-wing-back to replace Matt Doherty, a left-centre-back to provide competition for Ben Davies and a striker to serve as Harry Kane’s backup.
Bridge has now taken to social media to suggest that Conte and co now have a clear idea of what the squad needs after working with the players for two months.
No names but told management very clear what they need and who they want which I think is a real positive.
— Michael Bridge (@MichaelBridge_) December 27, 2021
Spurs Web Opinion
Perhaps Conte and Paratici have a clear idea on which positions they need to strengthen but are yet to settle on their number one targets. We know from the way Paratici operates that he will negotiate for multiple players in each position before making a final decision.
Have something to tell us about this article?