The Evening Standard’s Dan Kilpatrick has rubbished rumours suggesting that Tottenham Hotspur are in negotiations with Inter Milan over the sale of Tanguy Ndombele.
The midfielder, who the North Londoners shattered their transfer record to sign last summer, has endured a disappointing season and previous reports have indicated that he does not see eye to eye with Jose Mourinho (The Athletic).
The Guardian reported on Thursday and Spurs were willing to take a loss on the midfielder and sell him to Inter Milan for around €50m (£45m).
Although the Serie A giants were said to be keen on landing the Spurs man, it was revealed that they were not ready to meet Tottenham’s asking price.
It was suggested that Antonio Conte’s side will instead attempt a swap deal for Ndombele, with Milan Skriniar and Ivan Perisic both of interest to Spurs.
However, Kilpatrick has now insisted that Tottenham remain determined to help the former Lyon man turn his around his fortunes at the club.
#thfc Am told Spurs are not in talks to sell Ndombele and there is still determination to give him time to be a success at the club after a difficult first season.
— Dan Kilpatrick (@Dan_KP) July 31, 2020
I’m told Spurs not looking to sell Tanguy Ndombele and no talks over it. They believe the young Frenchman needs time to adapt to a new country, after moving away from his family and so far held back by injuries. Club are determined to give him the time he needs to be a success.
— Alasdair Gold (@AlasdairGold) July 31, 2020
Spurs Web Opinion
Journalists close to Spurs (the likes of Kilpatrick and Alasdair Gold) are being told that Ndombele is not for sale but I would be extremely surprised if the midfielder was still at the club next season. The Frenchman does not seem to be in Mourinho’s plans and another six months or a season on the bench will only reduce his market value even further.
Have something to tell us about this article?