An article in The Irish Independent describes how Harry Kane broke Alan Shearer’s record for the most Premier League goals in a calendar year as he fired a hat-trick in our 5-2 win against Southampton on Boxing Day and in the process he ousted Robbie Keane from a very exclusive list of Spurs legends.
The article adds that Kane has been rapidly closing on Keane’s record of 121 goals for Spurs in recent weeks, and in pursuit of the club’s top ten all time scorers list if he could overtake the Irishman.
Keane of course scored his goals for the club over two spells which earned him 10th spot in the club’s all-time top scorer list, but after yesterday’s heroics of the young forward,he has now been usurped by the relentlessly impressive Kane.
It adds that Kane’s 123 goals have come in just 189 appearances, with his incredible scoring rate of 0.65 per game making for impressive reading, while Keane’s goals came in 293 appearances and a slightly less prolific rate of 0.41 per game.
It goes on too say while Keane’s record at Spurs is impressive, Kane is worthy of a place among the club’s record scorers, with this illustrious list now including his record.
It certainly is an illustrious list
1. Jimmy Greaves – 266 goals (379 apps)
2. Bobby Smith – 208 goals (371 apps)
3. Martin Chivers – 174 goals (367 apps)
4. Cliff Jones – 159 goals (378 apps)
5. Jermain Defoe – 143 goals (363 apps)
6. George Hunt – 138 goals (198 apps)
7. Len Duquemin – 134 goals (307 apps)
8. Alan Gilzean – 133 goals (439 apps)
9. Teddy Sheringham 124 goals (277 apps)
10. Harry Kane – 123 goals (189 apps)
Have something to tell us about this article?