In what comes as a blow to Tottenham in their rumoured pursuit of Lautaro Martinez, his agent has revealed that the player wishes to stay at Inter Milan and is set to hold talks with the club over a new contract.
Football.London previously claimed, while Spurs had initially agreed on a €60m (£50.9m) fee for the player, the landscape changed following Chelsea’s move for Romelu Lukaku, with Inter no longer as desperate to raise funds.
The 23-year-old is thought to be keen to move to Spurs and has allegedly told his inner circle he wants to transfer to N17 this summer.
However, Matinez’s agent, Alejandro Camano has now denied those claims, insisting that the Argentinean international wishes to continue his career at the San Siro.
Camano told journalist Cesar Luis Merlo: “Today he [Martinez] is not leaving Inter despite offers from England.
“He is happy there and loves the club. Next week I will meet to talk about renewal.
“Our will is clear, but it will also depend on them.”
Meanwhile, Fabrizio Romano has claimed that Inter will look to extend the striker’s until June 2026.
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) August 12, 2021
Spurs Web Opinion
It sounds to me like Martinez’ entourage are using the interest from Spurs to get the striker a more lucrative contract at Inter. However, if the parties cannot come to an agreement on a new deal, the Serie A champions will likely be forced to sell him this summer since he has just two years left on his contract.
Have something to tell us about this article?