Brighton boss Roberto De Zerbi has insisted that Leandro Trossard’s representatives have not been truthful about what went on behind the scenes, and insisted that the Belgian could stay at the Amex Stadium if he shows the right attitude.
Trossard has reportedly fallen out with Roberto de Zerbi, with the Brighton boss revealing last week that he has chosen not to include the winger in his plans for the time being after he walked out of training sessions without an explanation (Daily Mail).
The player’s representatives subsequently hit back at De Zerbi’s assertions, accusing the Italian of ‘humiliating’ the player, and calling on the Seagulls to let their client leave the club during this transfer window (Telegraph).
Tottenham have been credited with an interest in signing the 28-year-old, with The Athletic revealing on Monday that the Lilywhites’ initial verbal offer of £12m was turned down by Brighton.
De Zerbi has now said that he is willing to reintegrate Trossard into his plans but only if the former Genk man changes his attitude.
The Brighton boss told La Repubblica about the winger: “Maybe his agent fancies selling him for a lower transfer fee… surely, Trossard didn’t tell me the truth. Everyone in the dressing room knows how things went. But if Trossard wants to rejoin us with the right attitude, I am happy to coach him.”
Spurs Web Opinion
De Zerbi seemingly wants Trossard to apologise for his behaviour but based on the statement released by the player’s agent, it does not seem like the 28-year-old has any intention of doing so. So, Spurs might feel that the situation would play into their hands the longer they wait as Brighton seemingly do not have much choice but to cash in on the player.
Have something to tell us about this article?