Jose Mourinho has admitted that there could be further transfer activity involving Tottenham Hotspur before the transfer window closes on Monday.
The North Londoners have been very active in the current window having last night confirmed the arrival of Benfica striker Carlos Vinicius who has followed Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, Joe Hart, Matt Doherty, Sergio Reguilón and Gareth Bale to their ranks.
Mourinho has revealed that it is likely that there could be some departures from his squad along with allowing younger members of the side to head out on loan and gain some further experience of playing regular first-team football.
The head coach admits that he wants to operate with a squad of 22 players plus goalkeepers and believes he is close to that number.
Ryan Sessegnon is one player who has been linked with a temporary move away from the club with Celtic said to have made an approach (Sky Sports).
Serge Aurier has previously said to have been interesting AC Milan and Bayer Leverkusen (Sky Sports), while Juan Foyth is rumoured to be close to a loan switch to Villarreal with the option of a permanent deal (Fabrizio Romano).
Mourinho told Football.London: “The transfer window goes in two directions and it’s possible that we could let a couple of players to leave, it’s possible we could let a couple of young players to go and experience playing,”
“For sure, we are not going to keep every player in the squad over normal numbers.
“I like to work normally with a squad of 22 players plus the keepers and we are not going to be far from that number.”
Have something to tell us about this article?