- Newcastle conceded just their fourth goals of the season in their 2-1 win over Wolves. Only Norwich City have covered more ground than Newcastle so far this season, and the Magpies put in a typically industrious 121.2km against Wolves.
- Goalkeeper Tim Krul has played no small part in the Magpies impressive defensive record this season. He has made 38 saves and is the third ranked goalkeeper in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index behind Joe Hart and David de Gea
- Yohan Cabaye and Chiek Tiote topped the charts for distance covered again with 11.7km and 12.1km respectively.
- Chiek Tiote is the top ranked Newcastle player in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index after rising 11 places to 30th after their last game. Tiote has won 55% of tackles attempted and completing 94 passes in his opponent’s half
- Demba Ba scored his fourth goal in two games against Wolves, and boasts impressive shooting stats of 63% of shots on target and 36% conversion rate of shots to goals
- Spurs will be on a high after beaten North London rivals Arsenal in their last outing
- Spurs covered 114.3km in that game compared to Arsenal’s 119km, but were the more efficient side
- Rafael van der Vaart scored his second goal of the Barclays Premier League season having previously had 20 attempts at goal and scoring just once.
- Young full back Kyle Walker scored the second in that game with an impressive long range effort that earned him a senior England call up. It also pushed him 57 places up the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index to 58th place.
- As well as having an impressive strike, Walker has been in excellent defensive form for Spurs this season winning 92% of the tackles he has attempted.
- Former Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor will be doing his best to unlock the Magpies defence and is Spurs’ top ranked player in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index despite having made just 4 appearances
- Adebayor has already shown his goal scoring credentials and has scored three times already from 13 attempts at goal, getting 77% of shots on target
Stats courtesy of EA SPORTS Player Performance Index
Have something to tell us about this article?