Former Spurs star Gareth Bale has had a tumultuous few months to say the least. After he looked to be on his way out of the Spanish giants during the summer when Zinedine Zidane admitted the Welshman was close to leaving (Sky Sports).
Since then, he has managed to win his place back in the side and has been one of Real Madrid’s best players so far this campaign.
However, despite seemingly getting back into Zidane’s good books, it now appears that the 29-year-old might be ready to leave the club in January.
AS reported on their front page on Monday that Los Blancos are ready to offload the winger in January.
Bale is said to have flown to London on Monday to meet with his agent Jonathan Barnett.
The Cardiff born player has previously been linked with a return to Spurs as well as a move to Manchester United (AS) but also came close to moving to the Chinese Super League in the summer (ESPN FC).
Spurs Web Opinion
While I would have definitely said no to having him back in the summer, he has proved since then that he stay fit and play consistently in the side. While I still don’t see any chance of Bale returning given his age, he would be a great boost for the club particularly given that Paulo Dybala seems to have won his place back in the Juventus side.
Have something to tell us about this article?