Christian Eriksen’s chances of leaving Tottenham Hotspur in the January transfer window may have taken a twist.
Sunday’s print edition of the Corriere della Sera newspaper has claimed that Inter Milan may be going cold on bringing the playmaker to Serie A this month.
The report claims that Inter boss Antonio Conte is said to want a player who is experienced in playing in Italy who can make an immediate impact to his side and are prioritising a move for Barcelona’s Arturo Vidal who has previously pulled on the colours of rivals Juventus.
Conte is reported to have told Inter chiefs that if a financial decision has to be made on who he has to prioritise signing during the current window, he will pick Vidal.
Inter would look to make another approach for the 27-year-old in the summer when his contract has expired which would save them from paying Spurs a transfer fee.
Reports from Denmark last week had claimed that Inter were on the verge of agreeing a £20million January deal for Eriksen to fend off the likes of Manchester United, Juventus and PSG (Ekstra Bladet).
Have something to tell us about this article?