The Athletic have revealed that Daniel Levy was warned by numerous people about the ongoing investigation into Juventus and Fabio Paratici before he made the decision to hire the Italian in 2021.

Tottenham were rocked by the news earlier this week that Paratici’s ban from Italian football had been extended by FIFA to all football leagues around the world.

Fabio Paratici

(Photo by Vincent Mignott/DeFodi Images via Getty Images)

The club announced on Friday that the 50-year-old had agreed to take an immediate leave of absence pending the outcome of his appeal, which will be heard on the 19th of this month.

The Athletic have now reported that the investigations into Juventus’ capital gains scandal was well underway when Paratici took over as Tottenham’s managing director of football back in 2021.

The Italian authorities are said to have first asked the Serie A club for information regarding their transfer revenues on February 11 of the same year.

The report adds that Levy was warned by numerous people both inside and outside of Tottenham that he should be careful about appointing Paratici and that the decision could come back to haunt him.

However, the Spurs chairman is said to have ignored those warnings and proceeded with the appointment regardless.

Spurs Web Opinion

It is starting to seem like Levy was just somehow hoping that Paratici could escape scot-free, despite plenty of evidence to the contrary.

What is even more damning is the fact that the club did not act when it first emerged in January that the 50-year-old had received a 30-month ban from Italian football.

Have something to tell us about this article?

Keep up to date with all the latest Tottenham news and opinion by following SpursWeb’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.