The Athletic have revealed that while Tottenham Hotspur want Hugo Lloris to stay, the goalkeeper does not want to be a number two next season.
We covered a report from The Times on Wednesday which claimed that Lloris had been offered a deal to play in Saudi Arabia next season that would see the Tottenham captain triple his current salary.
The report explained that the 36-year-old had not made a decision over his future and was waiting to hold a conversation with the Spurs hierarchy and to see who replaces Antonio Conte at the helm.
The Athletic have now also reported on the offer from Saudi Arabia and have provided more details on Tottenham’s and Lloris’ plans for the future.
It is explained that the North London club want to sign a young goalkeeper who is comfortable on the ball this summer, with Brentford’s David Raya said to be one of their top targets.
The Lilywhites allegedly want Lloris to stay at the club next season and offer his ‘considerable experience and quality’ but it is said that the Spurs captain would not want to remain as the number two.
The report adds that the experienced goalkeeper is open to a new challenge this summer and has other offers on the table apart from the Saudi one.
Spurs Web Opinion
Hugo Lloris would know that he only has a couple of more years of football left in him, which is why I highly doubt that he would want to warm the bench next season.
So, it does look like the parties are likely to part ways this summer if Tottenham do sign another goalkeeper.
Have something to tell us about this article?