Tottenham Hotspur are reported to be on the verge of completing their second signing of the summer.
England international goalkeeper Joe Hart is said to be undergoing a medical with the North Londoners today and will join as a free agent.
The 33-year-old moved to Burnley two years ago but lost his place in Sean Dyche’s starting eleven last season to Nick Pope, who has been one of the standout performers in the Premier League.
Spurs head coach Jose Mourinho is said to be keen to add another homegrown reserve goalkeeper to his squad following the departure of Michel Vorm last month (Evening Standard).
As things stand, Tottenham risk having a reduced squad at their disposal for the Europa League competition due to the amount of non-homegrown players within their ranks.
The Daily Mail claim that Hart earned £50,000-a-week during his time at Turf Moor and Spurs are unwilling to offer him the same salary.
BBC reporter Simon Stone confirmed the news of Hart’s medical on Twitter.
Joe Hart having medical @SpursOfficial. Will join Lloris and Gazzaniga.
— Simon Stone (@sistoney67) August 17, 2020
Have something to tell us about this article?