Report: Joining Tottenham remains priority for 25-year-old this summer

0
Image: SpursWeb

According to a report in L’Equipe, joining Tottenham Hotspur remains Habib Diallo’s priority before the transfer window shuts this summer.

Previous reports from France have revealed that Spurs are following Diallo as they continue their search for a back up to Harry Kane (La Semaine).

Foot Mercato claimed last month that Metz had all but given up hope of holding on to the striker, who notched up 12 goals in 26 Ligue 1 appearances last season (transfermarkt.com).

The Senegal international was an unused substitute for Metz on Sunday as Vincent Hognon overcame Reims 2-1 at home.

L’Equipe claim that the reason Diallo was not involved in the match was due to the uncertainty surrounding his future.

It is said that the striker is looking to leave Stade Saint-Symphorien before the window closes, with a move to Spurs said to be his priority.

It is also asserted that Metz are trying to find a resolution over Diallo’s future and would be willing to accept an offer of around €15 million for him.

Spurs Web Opinion

Multiple reports have now claimed that Diallo is keen on joining Spurs but it does not look as if he is at the top of our wishlist. If he was the man we prioritised, we would have likely concluded a deal for him by now, especially given Metz’s relatively low asking price. I suspect we are looking at the Senegalese striker as a backup option in case we fail to get our main targets.

Have something to tell us about this article?

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.