Report: Man United hit road block in attempt to sign Tottenham summer target

0
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
Dom Le Roy

Tottenham Hotspur made a big attempt to sign Sporting Lisbon attacking midfielder, Bruno Fernandes back in the summer transfer market.

It was revealed by the Sporting club president himself that Tottenham had offered a fee for the player, but his club deemed it unworthy of a transfer (Standard). This bid was said to be €65m, but with €20m of that coming in unlikely add-ons.

Bruno Fernandes himself admitted that Tottenham was the only club he agreed to talk to, as they made the biggest push to get him and other teams did not interest him (Record).

Unfortunately, Jose Mourinho ruled out going back in for the playmaker in January, stating that he was out of Tottenham’s reach (Daily Mail).

Sky Sports News reported on Friday that a £60m deal was close to being agreed between Man United and Sporting for the player, with £17m of that coming in add-ons.

However, the Guardian now state that the deal may have hit a stumbling block as Man United have actually baulked at the asking price.

They are said to be worried that a huge sum for Fernandes would inflate any future transfer fee for the Manchester club. The report also states that sources saying a deal had been agreed were merely trying to pressure United.

Spurs Web Opinion:

Tottenham need to get Eriksen out the door and Fernandes in over the next week. This would be huge.

 

Have something to tell us about this article?

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.