The Evening Standard have revealed that Oliver Skipp is not expected to be fit for the clash against Newcastle United on Sunday.
Skipp has not played since going down with a pelvic injury at the start of February (Transfermarkt).
Ahead of Tottenham’s clash against West Ham last week, Antonio Conte said that Skipp’s pain was ‘getting better and better’ and he was hopeful of having the midfielder back in action for the clash against Newcastle United.
However, Football.London reported over the weekend that Conte may have gotten slightly carried away with his statement regarding the youngster’s fitness and the midfielder is unlikely to be fit for the clash against Newcastle.
The Evening Standard have now revealed that Tottenham’s hopes of having Skipp back in time for Sunday’s game are ‘all but over’
The report claims that the 21-year-old is yet to return to first-team training and is continuing to work individually.
It is said that Skipp’s injury is thought to be a result of the amount of football the youngster has played over the last 18 months and that it is not yet clear when he will be ready to return to training.
Spurs Web Opinion
The ambiguity regarding Skipp’s injury is quite worrying and everyone at Tottenham would be hoping that this does not turn into a recurring issue for the midfielder.
Given the potential that the 21-year-old has, I would rather see him take things slow and return once he is at 100 per cent rather than asking him to play through a bit of pain, as was the case with the likes of Lamela in the past.
Have something to tell us about this article?