Report reveals the details of Gareth Bale’s loan move to Spurs – Option to extend

0
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
Dom Le Roy

According to a report from Football.London, Tottenham Hotspur have the option of extending Gareth Bale’s stay in North London beyond the end of this season.

Reports previously indicated that Real Madrid and Tottenham had agreed on a season-long loan deal for Bale, who still had two years left to run on his contract with the Spanish giants.

Football.London confirm that the winger will arrive on loan with Spurs paying 40 per cent of the player’s wages and Real picking up the remaining 60 per cent.

However, they reveal that the Lilywhites have an option to extend the Welshman’s loan deal by another year.

It is said that Bale could end up staying at Tottenham until the end of the 2021/22 season, when his contract with Real Madrid runs out.

The report asserts that Spurs and Real Madrid both hope that the winger has a successful first season back in North London and the clause to keep him at the club for another year is activated.

Spurs Web Opinion

Given how the relationship between Bale and Madrid seems to have collapsed, I doubt he would want to return to the Spanish capital at the end of the season. If he remains fit for the majority of the season and gets around 30 games under his belt, I expect Spurs to extend his stay.

Have something to tell us about this article?

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.