According to Gianluca Di Marzio, Sampdoria have now entered the race to sign Tottenham winger Bryan Gil on loan.
Gil is reportedly not in Antonio Conte’s plans for the upcoming season, with the Italian reportedly feeling that the 21-year-old is not ready to cope with the physicality of the Premier League (Football.London).
It was previously suggested that Valencia were keen on extending the Spaniard’s stay at the club on the back of his impressive loan spell during the second half of last season, with Los Che even said to have spoken to Spurs about the possibility (AS – 30/05/22 via Sport Witness).
However, it emerged earlier this week that Marseille had also entered the race for the winger, with the Ligue 1 club said to be open to a loan deal as well as a permanent one (L’Equipe via Nabil Djellit).
Di Marzio has now revealed that representatives from Sampdoria met with Fabio Paratici on Thursday to discuss a potential loan deal for Gil.
This has also been backed up by Fabrizio Romano, who suggested that no decision has been made by Spurs regarding Gil’s future, with the youngster said to be attracting interest from ‘many clubs’.
Spurs Web Opinion
It appears like Spurs are keen to find the right loan move for Gil to ensure he does not spend next season on the bench. Perhaps, Fabio Paratici is not convinced that the 21-year-old will get to play regularly under Gennaro Gattuso at Valencia, which is why he is exploring other options.
Have something to tell us about this article?