Report: Serie A striker said to be tempted by move to Spurs or Arsenal

0
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
Image: @snapshotspurs

Rumoured Tottenham Hotspur target Lucas Correa could be on his way out of Napoli this summer.

Radiosei as relayed by La Lazio Siamo Noi have claimed that Correa is not guaranteed to be in Maurizio Sarri’s plans after he took over from Simone Inzaghi.

Correa is currently taking part in the Copa America with Argentina, having come off the bench against Chile, Uruguay and Paraguay.

The 26-year-old scored 11 goals and provided six assists in 36 games across Serie A and the Champions League during the past campaign (transfermarkt).

Tottenham’s managing director of football, Fabio Paratici is reported to have been keen on the striker while he was part of the management team at Juventus and attempted to take him to the Serie A giants last year.

Corriere dello Sport claimed in their print edition on Friday (25/6) that both Arsenal and Tottenham are interested in the forward, who is open to the prospect of moving to the Premier League.

Lazio are said to be demanding a minimum of between €30-40million (£25.7-£34.3million) if they are to part company.

SpursWeb Opinion

Whether Spurs are prepared to pay in the region of £34.3million for a striker when the club have more desperate areas that need to be strengthened including right-back, central defence and a creative midfielder remains to be seen.

Have something to tell us about this article?

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.