Despite adding Richarlison to their forward line, which already consists of Harry Kane, Son Heung-min, Dejan Kulusevski and Lucas Moura, Spurs continue to be linked with a move for Depay this summer (Ekrem Konur).
Sport reported on Sunday that Antonio Conte’s men had stepped up their pursuit of the Dutchman, and stated that they had already presented an offer to the player’s representatives.
However, the report claimed that despite Depay not being in Xavi Hernandez’s plans, the striker is not particularly keen on returning to the Premier League this summer.
Sport’s report was contradicted by Fabrizio Romano, who told CaughtOffside on Monday that despite Fabio Partici being a fan of the Netherlands international, Spurs have not made an offer for the former Manchester United man.
Mundo Deportivo have now claimed that Depay has made it clear to the Barca hierarchy that he would only leave Camp Nou under certain conditions this summer.
One of those conditions is said to be that he will not join just any club and would only accept a transfer to a ‘powerful’ team.
Spurs Web Opinion
It is telling that most of the speculation linking Depay with Spurs seems to be coming from sources close to Barcelona. The likes of Alasdair Gold, Dan Kilpatrick and Charlie Eccleshare have not reported any information over recent days regarding the north London club’s pursuit of the 28-year-old.
Have something to tell us about this article?