Reports: Contrasting claims on how Ndombele’s wages will be split on loan at Napoli

0
Tanguy Ndombele
Tottenham Hotspur FC/Tottenham Hotspur FC via Getty Images

According to a report in La Repubblica, (15/08/22 – as relayed by Napoli Magazine and Sport Witness) Napoli were only willing to cover a fraction of Tanguy Ndombele’s wages during his loan spell at the club.

Reports over the last couple of days have suggested that Ndombele is now edging close to completing a loan move to Napoli.

Fabrizio Romano revealed on Monday that the Frenchman’s loan move to the Serie A club is ‘almost done’ and that Luciano Spalletti’s side will have an option to make the deal permanent for €30m (£25.3m).

He added that the final details of the deal are now being sorted out between Tottenham and Napoli.

However, if the latest reports from Italy are to be believed, there is still seemingly no agreement regarding what percentage of Ndombele’s wages the Italian club will cover during the 2022/23 season.

Monday’s print edition of Gazzetta dello Sport (15/08/22 via Sport Witness) claimed that Napoli would only be willing to pay half of the Spurs star’s wages during his spell at the Diego Armando Maradona Stadium.

La Repubblica have now asserted that Napoli want to pay even less than that. They are allegedly prepared to cover 30 per cent of Ndombele’s salary and want Tottenham to pick up the tab for the remaining 70 per cent.

However, Fabrizio Romano has claimed that Napoli will now ‘cover the main part of Tanguy Ndombele’s salary’, which is said to be £200,000 per week (Spotrac).

Spurs Web Opinion

I think Spurs will compromise and agree to cover the majority of Ndombele’s wages in order to offload him, given that there is not a lot of time left in the transfer window. I do wonder if the 25-year-old would be willing to take a wage cut, as he did to seal a return to Lyon last season.

Have something to tell us about this article?

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.