Sandro switch nears completion

0
540

Sandro - Header

Tottenham are very close to completing the signing of Sandro from Internacional, after agreeing personal terms in principle with the midfielder.

A fee of £6million is being reported, after Redknapp earmarked the centre of his midfield as lacking in strength in depth.

Redknapp had been told he must sell before he buys, and is expected to fund the arrival of the 20 year-old with the sale of Roman Pavlyuchenko, with Zenit St Petersburg currently leading the race for the Russian forward.

Spurs hold a strategic and sporting partnership with the Brazilian club, allowing them first option on their players and Daniel Levy met with Internacional president, Vittorio Piffero to discuss the terms of the deal last week.

The player’s lawyer, Luiz Paulo Chignall said of the move, “We have now agreed all of Sandro’s personal terms – his salary, the length of his contract and so on, although nothing can yet be signed.

“Sandro is happy and ready to join Tottenham. We liked the offer. All that remains is for Tottenham and Inter to finalise the small details, including the transfer fee. I know Daniel Levy is speaking to Vittorio Piffero.”

There are some potential slip-ups in the deal though. Sandro only has one international cap to his name currently, meaning he falls beneath the required number of appearances for his country to earn a work permit in the UK.

Also, Internacional only hold 70% of the player’s economic rights, with the remaining 30% being held by an unnamed third party. However, Chignall is still expectant that his client will be a Spurs player by the end of the month.

“Third-party ownership is very common in Brazil. Transfer fees are paid to the club and then they have to settle up with the third parties.”

Have something to tell us about this article?

Follow us on Twitter

1 COMMENT

  1. is this true seem to have been reading this story for months,again a 20 year old so that we can sell on in the future if he cant cut the mustard or that Harry is not keen.the questions i ask how long ago did this rumour start and did Harry target Sandro?still he can go out on loan along with the rest of the kids but 6 million hope i am wrong and he is top dollar

  2. Pav is definately a goner, fee was agreed a few weeks back but club have been seeing if anyone else is prepared to bid more money. Dos Santos and Bentley are expected to end up at Athletico Madrid on loan until the summer as nobody is interested in buying. Sandro is the only player coming in.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.