Tottenham Hotspur Under-21’s have been drawn away to Oxford United in the next round of the Checkatrade Trophy.
Wayne Burnett’s side booked their place in the second round of the competition despite suffering a 3-2 defeat after extra against League One leaders Portsmouth on Monday night.
Phoenix Patterson had given Spurs a first half lead, only for Pompey to come back into the match to take a 2-1 lead. Harvey White scored a stunning left-footed free kick to send the match into extra time but unfortunately, the youngsters fell short on the night.
Thankfully, results elsewhere meant that Tottenham remained in second place in Southern Group A to secure their place in the draw.
Oxford are currently fourth from bottom in League One, having only won three of their opening seventeen matches.
The draw was made earlier this afternoon with ties will be played during the week commencing 3rd December.
Here is the second round draw in full.
- Shrewsbury Town v Walsall
- Sunderland v Notts County
- Rochdale v Oldham Athletic
- Accrington v Lincoln City
- Newcastle United Under-21 v Macclesfield Town
- Mansfield Town v Bury
- Port Vale v Stoke City Under-21
- Barnsley v Manchester City Under-21
- Chelsea Under-21 v AFC Wimbledon
- Portsmouth v Arsenal Under-21
- Cambridge United v Northampton Town
- Exeter City v Peterborough United
- Cheltenham Town v Newport County
- Luton Town v Southend United
- Oxford United v Tottenham Under-21
- Swansea City Under-21 v Bristol Rovers
Have something to tell us about this article?