Tottenham Hotspur are looking to return to winning ways this evening when they make the trip to the south coast to take on high-flying Brighton and Hove Albion.
Here are all of the match stats and facts ahead of the clash at the Amex Stadium.
- Spurs’ 13-match unbeaten Premier League streak ended with a 3-1 defeat at Arsenal last weekend. They have not lost back-to-back away league games since September 2021.
- This is their ninth league fixture of the season but only their second outside of London. The other was a 2-0 victory at Nottingham Forest, their only league away win so far.
- Spurs have faced 127 shots in their eight league matches – the average of 15.9 per game is their highest in a season since such data was first recorded in 2003-04.
- Harry Kane has scored eight goals in 10 appearances for Spurs versus Brighton in all competitions.
- Son Heung-min has gone nine games without scoring against Brighton in all competitions.
- Brighton have lost just once in 12 Premier League matches, winning seven and drawing four.
- They can equal the club top-flight record of eight successive home games unbeaten, set from September to December 1981.
- The Seagulls are one short of 100 top-flight victories.
- Roberto De Zerbi can become the first Brighton & Hove Albion manager to win his opening Premier League home fixture in charge of the club.
- Albion have the same record this season as they did after seven games of 2021-22, with four wins and 14 points. Their fifth win last season didn’t come until Boxing Day.
- Brighton have the joint-second best defensive record in the division this season, conceding eight goals.
Have something to tell us about this article?