• Stoke enjoyed victory in their last Premier League game against Everton, with Robert Huth scoring the winner in the 1-0 win
• That was Huth’s first goal of the season, although the defender has had 11 attempts at goal so far. Huth has also won 27 of 30 tackles attempted and made 23 interceptions.
• Huth’s defensive partner Ryan Shawcross has also put in some impressive stats defensively, winning 23 of 29 tackles attempted and making 27 interceptions.
• Ryan Shotton covered the most ground for Stoke against Everton with 5.64 miles
• Spurs beat Bolton 3-0 in their last Barclays Premier League fixture to earn their sixth successive league win
• Gareth Bale scored his 5th of the season and paid tribute to Gary Speed in celebrating. Bale also went on to cover more ground than any other Spurs player with 6.51 miles.
• Aaron Lennon and Jermain Defoe were also on the score sheet with their 2nd and 6th goals of the season respectively
• Scott Parker was named player of the month for November. Parker has won 40 tackles so far this season, the fourth highest total in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index. That position is even more impressive given the top ranked player for tackles (Wigan’s Maynor Figueroa has played three more games than Parker in the Premier League). Parker won 9 tackles against Bolton alone, the most of any player in last weekend’s round of games.
Stats courtesy of EA SPORTS Player Performance Index
Have something to tell us about this article?