- Tottenham Hotspur brought in Scott Parker on transfer deadline day from West Ham United. In 32 Barclays Premier League games for the Hammers last season, Parker scored five goals from only 10 shots on target. He also completed 471 passes in the opposition half, averaging one every 6 minutes played
- Harry Redknapp will be hoping to partner Parker’s grit and determination with Luka Modric’s flair, now that the Croatian is staying at White Hart Lane. Modric completed 738 passes (average one every four minutes) in the opposition half last season as well as 52 dribbles and 13 assists. To add to his three goals, Modric also contributed three assists to Tottenham last season
- On paper Modric and Parker look like perfect midfield partners. Parker won 78% of tackles he attempted last season and got 40% of shots on target, while Modric won just 55% of tackles but got 62% of shots on target
- Overall last season Parker ranked 70th in the Index’s top players, while Modric ranked 80th
- Wolves’ Wayne Hennessey finds himself in esteemed company in the list of the top ranked ‘keepers on the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index. Hennessey is currently the fourth highest ranked ‘keeper on the Index, behind David De Gea, Joe Hart and Tim Krul
- In Hennessey’s 40 Barclays Premier League games for Wolves, he has been on the winning side in 13 of them, losing 18. This season, Hennessey has conceded only one goal in 288minutes of Barclays Premier League action
Have something to tell us about this article?