Team News: Conte reveals whether Kane will play for Spurs against Norwich

0
Harry Kane
(Photo by Tottenham Hotspur FC/Tottenham Hotspur FC via Getty Images)

Antonio Conte has provided a team news update to journalists who have attended Tottenham Hotspur’s pre-Norwich City press conference from Hotspur Way this afternoon, revealing that Harry Kane will play some part in the game. 

This comes after reports emerged that Kane had cancelled a media event as he was feeling unwell – although journalists were keen to point out it was not due to food poisoning (Jonathan Veal).

Spurs head to Carrow Road on Sunday knowing that either a draw or victory will be enough to clinch fourth place in the Premier League and secure a return to the Champions League.

Such is the protocol, the media are informed of the availability of the Spurs squad ahead of the clash in East Anglia.

The Canaries are already bound for the Championship but they can still finish 19th and will want to sign off in the Premier League in style in front of their home fans and cause one last upset.

Conte has revealed that Harry Kane will play against Norwich despite the reports of an illness today. Meanwhile, the likes of Sergio Reguilon, Cristian Romero, Matt Doherty, Oliver Skipp, and Japhet Tanganga remain unavailable.

On Kane whether Kane will be fit for Sunday, Conte said (Football London): “Yes for sure, and because in the last game we had Deki Kulusevski and he didn’t train on Saturday but was good to play. Harry doesn’t want to miss this type of game.”

He added: “If you remember the last game, we had three or four cases of stomach problems. In this week I have to be honest we had a couple of cases but we overcame the situation.

“Also members of the staff, one day they were not feeling so good. I don’t know why, the last week but also this week we faced this situation.

“In this moment though this virus is the last of our problem. We are close to a big achievement and we are totally focused. The situation of the players is the same as the last game.”

And finally, on Lasagne-gate from 2006, Conte said: “I don’t want to know this story. I’m not interested to go deeper into this story.

“(Laughs) I think that we are in a good moment of form. We have worked well this week and prepared very well. We have to be concentrated.

“There is the whole season behind this game and we can reach something amazing for us because I think no one can imagine top four this season. We have worked hard and now everything is in our hands.”

Have something to tell us about this article?

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.