Antonio Conte has provided a team news update to journalists who have attended Tottenham Hotspur’s pre-Liverpool press conference from Hotspur Way this afternoon.
Liverpool come into the fixture having secured their place in the final of the Champions League against Villarreal earlier this week in a competition which Spurs will certainly hope to be part of next season.
Tottenham find themselves two points behind North London rivals Arsenal heading into this weekend and come up against Jurgen Klopp’s side at Anfield where they are without a win since May 2011.
Such is the protocol, the media are informed of the availability of the Spurs squad ahead of the clash on Merseyside.
Spurs will know that anything less than a win, even if they beat Arsenal next Thursday would see them relying on the Gunners to slip up against Newcastle or Everton if they manage to take all three points at home to struggling Leeds United on Sunday.
Conte has revealed that Sergio Reguilon could now miss the rest of the season as there are only a couple of weeks left and he has still not returned to training. If true, the left-back would join the likes of Oliver Skipp, Japhet Tanganga, and Matt Doherty in this fate.
He said (Football London): “Sergio Reguilon is not available. He hasn’t had a training session with us. Honestly, I don’t know, it’s only two weeks until the end of the season and I’m not sure if he’ll be back.”
Antonio Conte says Sergio Reguilon could be out for the season: "He is not available. He hasn't had a training session with us. I honestly don't know, there is only two weeks whether it is possible for him to come back." #THFC
— Jonathan Veal (@jonathandveal83) May 5, 2022
Have something to tell us about this article?